Helping Hands Community Center (or HHCC) is a not-for-profit organization set up in the United States of America that aims to help develop communities worldwide by building sustainable manpower and resources, improving community economics and empowering members of communities to be self-sufficient and achieve their own goals.
The primary area of Operations is within the USA, but the organization intends to replicate its objectives in developing countries such as Haiti, Dominican Republican, Chile, Turkey, India, Cyprus, Africa, Cuba, to name a few.
HHCC will work predominantly in conflict zones, fragile states, and slowly-maturing democracies where well-functioning democratic institutions have not been the norm. In such societies, citizens and communities may be unfamiliar with organizing or engaging with local government and authority figures. HHCC’s approach cuts across all sectors of our work: We will mainstream citizen’s engagement in improving to economic opportunities, health, education, dwellings, infrastructure and social resources and services.
HHCC will focus on the following:
- Post-disaster relief, community mobilization and conflict resolution, followed by community rebuilding
- Food, agriculture and nutrition programs
- Hygiene and Sanitation programs
- Rebuilding neighborhoods via creation of affordable, eco-friendly housing solutions / rehabilitation of existing real estate / community centers
- Create literacy and training opportunities for community members via these community centers such as:
- Education, sports, tutoring, paralegal services, trade programs in different fields, self-defense (martial arts), classes for discipline empowerment & safe neighborhood programs and disaster relief training programs, amongst others
HHCC – Helping Communities build a New World, Brick by Brick